Walking, running, slithering or crawling. If it moves on Wraeclast, it's almost certainly dangerous.
Monsters have life and sometimes energy shield, just like player characters. These can be seen by the monster's life bar. Monsters also have armour and evasion and resistances. Their armour and evasion cannot be seen in the interface. The monster life bar interface indicates if a monster has positive or negative resistances to Fire, Cold, Lightning, or Chaos damage, but the exact resistance value will not be visible.
Monsters have a non-zero amount of mana but are not typically constrained by mana usage. Monster skills at a set rate (based on attack/cast rate or cooldown) or randomly according to their AI behaviour.
Monsters come in four rarities like many other systems in Path of Exile:
- Normal: Most common, and spawn in large packs.
- Magic: Have one or two monster modifiers. They spawn in smaller packs.
- Rare: Have up to four monster modifiers. They spawn alone or with a a pack of normal or magic monsters.
- Unique: Unique monsters have unique names and abilities and are typically tied to a specific location or mechanic. This includes bosses.
Monster rarity affects the monster's life, damage, internal item rarity and item quantity, experience granted on death, and number of flask charges granted on death. Monsters of higher rarity drop items of higher item level (ilvl). Magic mobs drop items one ilvl higher than the area level, and Rare and Unique mobs drop items two ilvl higher.
The following stats are shared by monsters. Please take note that individual monsters may have different stats.
- 33.3% of Energy Shield Recharged per second
- Base Critical Strike Multiplier: 130
- Regenerate 1.7% of Mana per second
- Movement Speed is capped at 128
- +15% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge
- +3 to Maximum Endurance Charges
- +3 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
- +3 to Maximum Power Charges
- 1% increased Movement Speed per 20 Rampage Stacks
- 10 additional maximum Blade Flurry stages
- 15% additional Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
- 15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 2% increased Damage per 20 Rampage Stacks
- 200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge
- 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge
- 5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
- Can have up to 1000 Rampage Stacks
- +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems
- +10% of Maximum Energy Shield to maximum Recovery per Energy Shield Leech
- +10% of Maximum Life to maximum Recovery per Life Leech
- +10% of Maximum Mana to maximum Recovery per Mana Leech
- +10% to Maximum total Energy Shield Recovery per second from Leech
- +20% Maximum total Mana Recovery per second from Leech
- +20% to Maximum total Life Recovery per second from Leech
- +200 to maximum Mana
- +75% to maximum Chance to Block Attack Damage
- +75% to maximum Chance to Block Spell Damage
- +75% to maximum Chaos Resistance
- +75% to maximum Cold Resistance
- +75% to maximum Fire Resistance
- +75% to maximum Lightning Resistance
- 75% to maximum Physical Damage Reduction
- Can have up to 10 Azurite Stacks
- Can have up to 3 Traps placed at a time
- Can have up to 4 Viper Strike Orbs
- Can have up to 5 Remote Mines placed at a time
- Can have up to 5 Explosive Arrow Stacks
- Can have up to 8 Fire Beam Stacks
There are certain categories of monsters that only spawn in specific locations or situations:
Monsters in Wraeclast are divided into types which generally have a common appearance, behaviour and abilities.
|Ape||Animal||Act 2 (outdoors)|
|Bandit||Humanoid||Act 2, Act 6, Act 7 (outdoors)|
|Beast||Animal||Act 2, Act 7|
|Blackguard||Humanoid||Act 2, Act 3, Act 6|
|Carrion||Animal||Act 3, Act 8|
|Chimeral||Animal||Act 3 (indoors), Act 8 (outdoors)|
|Construct||Construct||Act 2, Act 7|
|Devourer||Animal||Act 2, Act 7|
|Goatman||Animal||Act 1, Act 6 (outdoors)|
|Goliath||Animal||Act 3, Act 8|
|Ghost||Humanoid, Undead||Act 1, Act 5, Act 6, Act 10|
|Hellion||Animal||Act 1 (outdoors)|
|Maw||Animal||Act 3 (indoors)|
|Miscreation||Demon||Act 3 (indoors)|
|Necromancer||Undead||Act 1-3 (indoors), Act 7|
|Plummeting Ursa||Animal||Act 2|
|Retch||Animal||Act 1, Act 3 (Outdoors)|
|Ribbon||Construct||Act 3, Act 8|
|Rock elemental||Construct||Act 2, Act 4, Act 9|
|Sand Spitter||Animal||Act 1|
|Shield Crab||Animal||Act 1|
|Siren's Daughter||Animal||Act 1 (Indoors), Act 6|
|Skeleton||Undead||Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, Act 4, Act 5, Act 6, Act 7, Act 9, Act 10|
|Snake||Animal||Act 2, Act 7|
|Spider||Animal||Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, Act 7|
|Statue||Construct||Act 3, Act 5, Act 8, Act 10|
|Totem||Construct||Act 2, Act 4, Act 6, Act 7|
|Watcher||Animal||Act 1, Act 4, Act 6, Act 9|
|Water elemental||Act 1, Act 3, Act 8|
- Posted by Mark_GGG in Summon Spectre: A point to summoning Blue/Yellow mobs?