The Black Star
|The Black Star|
|Level(s)||83 (79 for quest version)|
|Quest(s)||The Searing Exarch|
|Resistance(s)||50% Fire |
|Modifier(s)||66% Less Curse Effectiveness |
Cannot Be Fully Slowed
To encounter the Black Star, the player must progress through the Searing Exarch's questline to obtain a quest version Polaric InvitationPolaric InvitationOnce within the grasp of the Black Star,
there can be no escape. to allow access to the Polaric Void.
Afterwards, tradeable versions of the Polaric InvitationPolaric InvitationModifiers to Item Quantity affect the amount of rewards dropped by the bossOnce within the grasp of the Black Star,
there can be no escape.Open portals to Polaric Void by using this item in a personal Map Device. can drop in the 14th (and 28+14, 28+28+14) T14+ Map influenced by the Searing Exarch after finishing the whole The Searing Exarch questline (ie. kill the quest version The Searing Exarch)
- When the Black Star uses Astral Avalanche, hide behind pillars on the blue section of the arena. (Pillars on the red section will break.) Ensure you are angled correctly away from the meteors. The meteors will always fall in the direction from the Black Star towards the center.
- When the Black Star uses her Beam, hide behind pillars on the red section of the arena. (Pillars on the blue section will break.) The Black Star will strafe slightly while using this attack.
- Be wary that being in the red section gives you a debuff that makes you more susceptible to fire damage, and being in the blue section makes you more susceptible to cold damage.
- An alternate strategy is to gain stacks of the Annihilating Light debuff (red section) before Astral Avalanche and stacks of the Crushing Darkness debuff (blue section) before the Beam. Both of these debuffs will grant you less damage taken of the opposite element, allowing you to easily tank the damage if timed correctly.
Attacks and Spells
- Polaric DevastationPolaric Devastation
Opal RingRequires Level 80(15-25)% increased Elemental Damage(15-25)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+(20-40)% to Fire Resistance
+(20-40)% to Cold Resistance
(10-20)% increased Duration of Ailments on Enemies
Left Ring slot: Cover Enemies in Ash for 5 seconds when you Ignite them
Right Ring slot: Cover Enemies in Frost for 5 seconds when you Freeze themThose that escaped the annihilating light
sank eternally into crushing darkness.
- Sudden DawnSudden Dawn
Steel CircletEnergy Shield: (196-247)Requires Level 48, 101 Int(300-350)% increased Energy Shield
+(50-70) to maximum Mana
(10-20)% chance for Energy Shield Recharge to start when you Kill an Enemy
(40-30)% less Energy Shield Recharge RateWhere that searing dawn fell, silence reigned.
We sough the shadows, but none remained.
- The Eternal StruggleThe Eternal Struggle
Onyx Amulet<<Random Searing Exarch implicit>>
<<Random Eater of Worlds implicit>>+(20-50) to Strength
+(20-50) to Dexterity
+(20-50) to Intelligence
(10-15)% increased Global Defences
Critical Strikes inflict Malignant Madness if The Eater of Worlds is dominant
Kill Enemies that have 15% or lower Life on Hit if The Searing Exarch is dominantSimply the way it must be, so that existence may be.
Siege of the Atlas
- The Infinite Hunger
- Annihilator Apparition Portal EffectAnnihilator Apparition Portal EffectPortalThis character's portals use the Annihilator Apparition Portal Effect.