The Eater of Worlds
|This article needs to be updated for the following reason: 3.18.0 rebalance this boss as well as added the Uber verison. |
Please to reflect newly available information. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page.
|The Eater of Worlds|
|Level(s)||84 (83 for quest version)|
|Location(s)||Absence of Symmetry and Harmony|
|Quest(s)||The Eater of Worlds|
|Resistance(s)||50% Fire |
|Modifier(s)||66% Less Curse Effectiveness |
Cannot Be Fully Slowed
An item with an Eater of Worlds implicit modifier has a teal (blue) symbol on its header.
Some items that are not Shaper/Elder/Conquerors Influenced can obtain an Eater of Worlds implicit modifier by using one of several Eldritch Ichor currencies. Synthesised items can obtain an Eater of Worlds implicit, but the Synthesised implicit is replaced. An Eater of Worlds implicit also replaces any natural implicit of the item, such as the resistance mod of the Astral PlateAstral PlateArmour: (711-782)
Movement Speed: -5%Requires Level 62, 180 Str+(8-12)% to all Elemental Resistances.
Defeating The Eater of Worlds for the first time drops a Grasping VoidstoneGrasping VoidstoneThe Eater of Worlds consumed for countless
eons to satiate the desperation of masters
that could never be satisfied.Socket this into your Atlas to increase the Tier of all Maps. that can be socketed into the Atlas.
To encounter the Eater of Worlds, the player must first defeat The Infinite Hunger. After doing so and following the quest steps, a quest version of the Screaming InvitationScreaming InvitationFrom the heart of the Tangle, the Eater of Worlds
reaches out for control of the Atlas. can be obtained, allowing access to the Absence of Symmetry and Harmony.
After finishing the the Eater of Worlds quest, tradeable versions of the Screaming InvitationScreaming InvitationModifiers to Item Quantity affect the amount of rewards dropped by the bossFrom the heart of the Tangle, the Eater of Worlds
reaches out for control of the Atlas.Open portals to Absence of Symmetry and Harmony by using this item in a personal Map Device. can be dropped from the map boss of the 28th (and 28+28, 28+28+28, and so on) T14+ Map influenced by the Eater of Worlds.
- The moving orbs in the arena inflict a debuff called "Drowning," with a 3-second timer when touched. Failing to move away from the orb to remove the debuff causes death after 3 seconds. The orbs move towards the player while the character is facing away, and move away if facing towards the orbs.
- Avoid rolling the Buffered - 13% increased Quantity of Items found in this Area, 8% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area, Monsters gain (40-49)% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield (Prefix) invitation mod, as the boss will recharge to full Energy Shield if the player fails to consecutively hit the boss or during immunity phases such as the Doom Phase. This mod will significantly increase the effective health of the boss and is not recommended for builds with low damage.
Attacks and Spells
- Basic attack - tentacles are spawned under the player.
- Sphere Slam - "Hunger!" - teleports to the player's location and channels a large sphere around itself for ~2 seconds, before delivering a slam around itself. The boss often repeats the spell one more time. Very high damage.
- Tentacles Slam - "Writhing mass!" - after a delay, summons a set of tentacles that slam in a direction. Medium damage.
- Lightning Beam - "Perish!" - channels for ~1 second, then fires a Shocking beam. Somewhat easily sidestepped. High damage.
- Doom Phase - "Inescapable doom!" - the boss teleports to the center of the arena and begins to channel, while tracking the player with a beam with a steadily growing AoE from above. Purple spheres are spawned around the arena by Maven. The player has to stand in the circle around each sphere for a few moments to activate them (the sphere begins to glow distinctly). If the player fails to activate all spheres in ~20 seconds, extreme damage is dealt to everything in the arena.
|Currently listed drop rates reflect testing in version 3.17.0 and may be incorrect future updates.|
- The Gluttonous TideThe Gluttonous Tide
Physical Damage: (79.2-93.6) to (316.8-374.4)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Attacks per Second: (1.45-1.50)
Weapon Range: 120Requires Level 58, 185 Dex(120-160)% increased Physical Damage
(16-20)% increased Attack Speed
Lose all Frenzy Charges on reaching Maximum Frenzy Charges to make the next Bow Attack you perform fire that many additional Arrows
+(30-50)% Global Critical Strike Multiplier while you have a Frenzy Charge
(20-40)% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge for each Enemy you hit with a Critical StrikeTo eat, to feast, to forget the horror of endless agonizing existence
if but for a moment... only to disgorge and do it all again...
- Ashes of the StarsAshes of the Stars
Onyx AmuletRequires Level 60+(10-16) to all Attributes(5-10)% increased Experience Gain of Gems
(10-20)% increased Reservation Efficiency of Skills
+1 to Level of all Skill Gems
+(20-30)% to Quality of all Skill GemsA single facet contains the wisdom
of countless disintegrated worlds.
- Inextricable FateInextricable Fate
Fugitive BootsEvasion: (112-129)
Energy Shield: (32-37)Requires Level 70, 56 Dex, 76 Int+(13-17)% to Chaos Resistance+(80–100) to maximum Life
30% increased Movement Speed
You gain 3 Grasping Vines when you take a Critical Strike
Nearby stationary Enemies gain a Grasping Vine every 0.5 seconds
All Damage inflicts Poison against Enemies with at least 3 Grasping Vines
You take (30–50)% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes by Poisoned EnemiesA multitude of beings share a wretched existence
irrevocably bound together in perpetual torture.
- Melding of the FleshMelding of the Flesh
Cobalt JewelLimited to: 1(-80--70)% to all Elemental Resistances
Elemental Resistances are capped by your highest Maximum Elemental Resistance instead"We awoke to a sudden jungle rupturing the valleys of our home.
Grasping limbs coiled around us, into us. We sank into each other,
then rose into the living sky. My family screams alongside me still."Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
In addition, the boss also drops
- Forbidden FleshForbidden Flesh
Cobalt JewelLimited to: 1Requires Class <<Random Character Class>>Allocates <<Random Ascendancy Notable>> if you have the matching modifiers on Forbidden Flame
CorruptedThe bodies of those wholly subsumed by the Tangle
continue to merge and mutate and cry out for release...Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket. (drop chance can be increased with Regurgitated Relics Notable)
- Exceptional Eldritch IchorExceptional Eldritch IchorStack Size: 10Adds an Exceptional Eater of Worlds implicit modifier to a Body Armour, Boots, Gloves or Helmet. This replaces any existing implicit modifiers other than Searing Exarch implicit modifiers.Right click this item then left click a normal, magic or rare item to apply it. Cannot be used on Shaper, Elder or Elderslayer influenced items.
Shift click to unstack. (drop chance can be increased with Regurgitated Relics Notable and Insatiable Appetite keystone)
- Grasping VoidstoneGrasping VoidstoneThe Eater of Worlds consumed for countless
eons to satiate the desperation of masters
that could never be satisfied.Socket this into your Atlas to increase the Tier of all Maps. (Quest Item, drops on first kill)
Siege of the Atlas
- The Searing Exarch
- Ravager Apparition Portal EffectRavager Apparition Portal EffectPortalThis character's portals use the Ravager Apparition Portal Effect.