Splitting Steel

From Path of Exile Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Splitting SteelSplitting Steel of Ammunition
Splitting SteelAttack, Projectile, AoE, Physical
Level: (1-20)
Cost: (5-8) Mana
Attack Speed: 90% of base
Attack Damage: (70-210)% of base
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (70-210)%
Fire a single projectile that splits on impact or at the targeted location, dealing area damage when it splits and again when the split projectiles explode at the end of their flight. Requires a Sword or Axe.(1-101) to (2-151) Added Attack Physical Damage
Modifiers to number of Projectiles instead apply to
the number of targets Projectile Splits towards
Projectiles Split towards (2-5) targets
Base radius is (0.6-1) metre
40% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit
Projectiles can Split without hitting a target

Additional Effects From 1-20% Quality:
(2-40)% increased Impale Effect
Place into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.
Acquisition
Drop level: 5
Vendor Offer
1x Scroll Fragment
Metadata
Item class: Skill Gem
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemSplittingSteel

Splitting Steel is an attack which uses your sword or axe to launch a projectile that impales enemies on hit. The initial projectile explodes on hit or at target location to deal area of effect damage, then splits towards multiple enemies which also explodes.

Skill functions and interactions

  • Additional Projectiles: The skill will only ever fire one initial projectile. Any additional projectiles added will cause the skill to split towards more enemies.
  • Melee: Splitting Steel is not considered a melee attack despite using melee weapons, similar to Spectral ThrowSpectral ThrowAttack, Projectile
    Level: (1-20)
    Cost: (5-8) Mana
    Attack Speed: 110% of base
    Attack Damage: (80-125)% of base
    Effectiveness of Added Damage: (80-125)%
    Projectile Speed: 1000
    Throws a spectral copy of your melee weapon. It flies out and then returns to you, in a spinning attack that damages enemies in its path.
    Additional Effects From 1-20% Quality:
    Projectiles that have Pierced deal (0.5-10)% more Damage
    Place into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.
    . Splitting Steel does not have melee gem tag.

Gem level progression

LevelRequired LevelRequired DexterityRequired StrengthMana
Cost
Damage
Effectiveness
Attack
Damage
Projectile
split
Physical DamageRadiusExp.Total Exp.
1100570%70%21 to 20.6m00
2200574%74.1%21 to 20.6m7070
3400578%78.1%22 to 30.6m308378
47140584%84.2%22 to 40.6m15541932
511190592%92.2%23 to 50.7m66678599
6162618696%96.3%25 to 70.7m2604734646
72031226100%100%37 to 100.7m4972584371
82437256104%104.4%39 to 130.7m95714180085
92842296106%106.4%311 to 170.8m169595349680
103247336115%115.4%314 to 210.8m283759633439
113652367124%124.4%318 to 270.8m4539961087435
124058407130%129.8%322 to 330.8m7031281790563
134463447140%140.1%327 to 410.9m10612232851786
144868487156%155.8%334 to 510.9m20658704917656
155274517163%163%442 to 630.9m25071107424766
165679558168%168.1%451 to 770.9m579893613223702
176084598173%173.3%462 to 931m1508391928307621
186490628184%183.8%476 to 1131m2779273556100356
196794658199%199.4%487 to 1311m4386973999970095
207098688210%210%5101 to 1511m242081556342051651
2172100709216%215.8%5111 to 1661.1mN/AN/A
2274N/AN/A9222%221.6%5122 to 1821.1mN/AN/A
2376N/AN/A9227%227.4%5133 to 2001.1mN/AN/A
2478N/AN/A9233%233.2%5146 to 2201.1mN/AN/A
2580N/AN/A9239%238.9%5161 to 2411.2mN/AN/A
2682N/AN/A10245%244.7%5176 to 2641.2mN/AN/A
2784N/AN/A10251%250.5%5193 to 2891.2mN/AN/A
2886N/AN/A10256%256.3%6211 to 3171.2mN/AN/A
2988N/AN/A10262%262.1%6231 to 3461.3mN/AN/A
3090N/AN/A10268%267.9%6253 to 3791.3mN/AN/A
3191N/AN/A11271%270.8%6264 to 3961.3mN/AN/A
3292N/AN/A11274%273.7%6276 to 4141.3mN/AN/A
3393N/AN/A11277%276.6%6289 to 4331.3mN/AN/A
3494N/AN/A11280%279.5%7302 to 4531.3mN/AN/A
3595N/AN/A11282%282.4%7316 to 4741.3mN/AN/A
3696N/AN/A11285%285.3%7330 to 4951.4mN/AN/A
3797N/AN/A12288%288.2%7345 to 5171.4mN/AN/A
3898N/AN/A12291%291.1%7360 to 5411.4mN/AN/A
3999N/AN/A12294%293.9%7377 to 5651.4mN/AN/A
40100N/AN/A12297%296.8%8394 to 5901.4mN/AN/A

Item acquisition

Splitting Steel can drop anywhere.

Recipes

Splitting Steel can be created from the following recipes:

AmountPartDescriptionMeta
6The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."
- Ezomyte Proverb
Random level 20 gemA
3Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Gem
Quality: +20%
"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
Random gem with 20% qualityA
1Gemcutter's IncubatorGemcutter's IncubatorStack Size: 10Adds an incubated Quality Gem item to an equippable item
Item drops after killing {0} monsters
Right click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters.
Random gem with 1–20% qualityA
1The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.Random divination card set exchangeA

Quest reward

This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:

Class →WitchShadowRangerDuelistMarauderTemplarScion
Quest ↓
Enemy at the Gate
Act 1

Vendor reward

This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:

Class →WitchShadowRangerDuelistMarauderTemplarScion
Quest ↓
Enemy at the Gate
Act 1
Nessa
A Fixture of Fate
Act 3
Siosa
Fallen from Grace
Act 6
Lilly Roth

Related helmet enchantments

The following helmet enchantments affect Splitting Steel.

Note that helmet enchantments are no longer obtainable since version 3.23.0 and can only be obtained in permanent leagues as already enchanted items from before this patch.

NameFor generated item/monster modifiers the minimum item/monster level respectively. Some generation types may not require this condition to be met, however item level restrictions may be raised to 80% of this value.LabyrinthStatsSpawn Weighting
Enchantment Splitting Steel Area 166Merciless LabyrinthSplitting Steel has 16% increased Area of Effecthelmet 100
Enchantment Splitting Steel Area 275Eternal LabyrinthSplitting Steel has 24% increased Area of Effecthelmet 100
Enchantment Splitting Steel Chance to Not Consume Shard 166Merciless LabyrinthSplitting Steel has 20% chance to not consume Steel Shardshelmet 100
Enchantment Splitting Steel Chance to Not Consume Shard 275Eternal LabyrinthSplitting Steel has 30% chance to not consume Steel Shardshelmet 100
Enchantment Splitting Steel 166Merciless LabyrinthSplitting Steel deals 25% increased Damagehelmet 100
Enchantment Splitting Steel 275Eternal LabyrinthSplitting Steel deals 40% increased Damagehelmet 100

Version history

Version Changes
3.23.0
  • No longer consumes Steel Shards, or grants Call of Steel.
  • No longer has "Projectile which have Split deal 35% less Damage."
  • It now has 40% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit (previously 60%), and has an Attack Speed multiplier of 90% of Base.
  • Quality now provides 0-40% increased Impale Effect (previously 0-20%).
3.21.0
  • Splitting Steel now has 70% effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 1 (previously 100%), scaling up to 210% at gem level 20 (unchanged).
  • It now has 1 to 2 Added Attack Physical Damage at gem level 1 (previously 2 to 3), scaling up to 101 to 151 at gem level 20 (previously 75 to 113).
  • Projectiles now Split towards 2 targets at gem level 1 (unchanged), and 5 targets at gem level 20 (previously 4).
  • It no longer has 50% less Area of Effect after Splitting, however the base radius of the gem has been lowered by 50% as well. This results in a smaller original area of impact and the same size areas for the impacts from split projectiles.
  • Splitting Steel projectiles can now only travel 45 units before splitting.
3.15.0
  • Now requires 14 Dexterity to use at gem level 4 (previously 14 Strength), up to 68 Strength and 98 Dexterity to use at gem level 20 (previously 98 Strength and 68 Dexterity).
  • Now deals 210% of Base Damage, and has 210% Effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 20 (previously 168%).
3.12.5
  • Fixed an issue where Phantasmal Splitting Steel was missing its "chance to Impale Enemies on Hit" quality effect modifier.
3.12.0
  • Splitting Steel has been added to the game.

References

ru:Раскалывающая сталь