Cost: (8-10) Mana
Attack Damage: (30-35)% of base
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (30-36)%Requires Level 28Fires arrows up in the air, to rain down in an area. Each arrow deals area damage around where it lands, and they will all overlap on the targeted location.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3Divergent4Phantasmal0.5% increased Area of Effect0.25% chance to Cover Enemies in Ash on Hit2% increased Damage to distant EnemiesArrows fall within a 3% increased Area of Effect100% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Fires 5 additional Arrows
Penetrates (20-30)% Fire ResistancePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Area level: 28Vendor Prices
|Normal||1x Orb of Chance|
1x Scroll FragmentMetadata
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemBlastRain
Skill functions and interactions
- Damage conversion: 100% of the player's physical damage will be converted to fire damage. Like all converted damage, the fire portion of Blast Rain's damage will be modified by both fire damage and physical damage increases.
- Projectile damage: Although Blast Rain does not fire projectiles (and therefore cannot benefit from projectile effects such as chaining), it deals projectile damage and will be affected by any appropriate damage modifiers (such as Vicious Projectiles SupportVicious Projectiles SupportProjectile, Attack, Physical, Chaos, Support
Cost & Reservation Multiplier: 130%Requires Level 18Supports projectile attack skills.Per 1% Quality:1Superior2Anomalous3DivergentSupported Skills deal 0.5% increased Physical DamageSupported Attacks have 0.5% chance to cause Bleeding
Supported Skills have 0.5% chance to Poison on HitSupported Attacks have 0.5% chance to Impale Enemies on HitSupported Skills deal (30-49)% more Physical Projectile Attack Damage
Supported Skills have 10% less Projectile Attack Speed
Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Physical Damage over Time
Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Chaos Damage over TimeThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.).
- Area of effect: Explosions fall in a 24 radius area and may overlap in a 3-unit circle. This area is affected by modifiers to area of effect.
- Additional Projectiles: Each additional projectile adds an explosion to the attack.
- Animation speed: The delay between using the attack and the first projectile falling is 600ms, which can be modified by both attack speed and projectile speed. The falling animation takes 270ms and cannot be modified.
- Tooltip damage: The tooltip DPS only takes into account the damage from a single explosion.
Gem level progression
Blast Rain can drop anywhere.
Blast Rain can be created from the following recipes:
|8||Dying AnguishDying Anguish8Level 19 Gem|
Alternate Quality: +19%Moribund, he gazed upon the journey taken as blood trickled down his chin. His eye closed on the city ahead that he would never call home.
|Random level 19 gem with 19% alternative quality||A|
|1||Gemcutter's IncubatorGemcutter's IncubatorAdds an incubated Quality Gem item to an equippable item|
Item drops after killing # monstersQuality GemRight click this item then left click an item to apply it. The Incubated item drops after killing a specific number of monsters.
|Random superior gem||A|
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|Random level 20 gem||A|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|Random superior gem with 20% quality||A|
|1||The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.||Random divination card set exchange||A|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|Sever the Right Hand|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Sever the Right Hand|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Blast Rain.
|Enchantment Blast Rain Additional Blast 2||75||Blast Rain fires an additional Arrow||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Blast Rain Damage 1||66||Blast Rain deals 25% increased Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Blast Rain Damage 2||75||Blast Rain deals 40% increased Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Blast Rain Area Of Effect 1||66||Blast Rain has 16% increased Area of Effect||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Blast Rain Area Of Effect 2||75||Blast Rain has 24% increased Area of Effect||helmet 100|
Alternate skill effects
Blast Rain has the following alternate skill effects:
|Ebony Blast Rain EffectEbony Blast Rain EffectSkill Gem EffectYour Blast Rain becomes an ebony effect.||Your Blast Rain becomes an ebony effect.|