Regarding your reverts
The reason why I put Metamorph map is because the Template:Item link is not working with Graveyard Map, Academy Map, Iceberg Map and Ivory Temple Map, however the link in the text itself was not pointing to Metamorph series but to the base map, but you should know this better. Instead of mass reverting my editions. The link was purely visual for the effect of the hover.
This works Graveyard MapGraveyard MapMap Level: 69
Map Tier: 2
Guild Character: NUnknown legacies.
Untold stories.Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.
While this does not Graveyard MapGraveyard MapMap Level: 71
Map Tier: 4
Guild Character: NUnknown legacies.
Untold stories.Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once..
- Eduemoni, just use [[Graveyard Map]]. Graveyard Map (Metamorph) is not the main article of the map and contain no info. You way still show up the wrong map icon. Neokowloon (talk) 10:53, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
- Also, once the map is back on atlas. Your way will just add strain to other to fix it again. So that just remove il for every link to main map article is fine. Neokowloon (talk) 10:59, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
I recently thought about an updated stl that has the same functionallity as Item link, are there any current plans to implement something like this
Editing and commenting attitude
You should consider dialing back your overly-aggressive attitude toward editors and over-editing people's work. One thing is to contribute to standardizing things in the wiki and contributing toward the improvement of the project overall, and another is being overly critical of people's work to the extent that you are editing their work to match your very specific wants and needs. People contribute to this wiki for free, and are donating their time and effort to do so. You make others not want to contribute at all, which is a detriment to the project in general. --Vanlioko (talk) 05:10, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
- It is not constructive if you edit someone else signature as well as use your own level 1 title page style while almost every other articles use level 2. It is acceptable for lack of game knowledge such as mixing up league and expansion. (e.g. this expansion 3.20 have mid-league mini-race league, aka "event", so that expansion never equal to league)
- But, the fundamental of wiki project is : the edit will be judged by other, and instead of outright revert back and forth, communicate with the editor and forming consensus. I am well patient enough for not nuke all of your edit and give out block. But if you want to assume bad faith on me, you can request a block . Neokowloon (talk) 11:39, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
- Your attitude continues to come off as smug and unpleasant. Don't let an ego-trip like attitude overshadow your contributions to the wiki. Calling out "lack of game knowledge" is rude, and fundamentally wrong when you're missing the point that was made in the suggestion (no one is conflating both league and expansion, but rather suggesting that giving users a view of leagues and expansions side by side chronologically may be helpful for those interested in changes to the game, akin to what is provided in Version history. With comments like these, one does not need to "assume" bad faith.
- If you are editing other people's work, please make sure that you are checking your grammar and syntax when adding sentences or changing existing text. Several edits that you made to the League page I had to go back and fix myself. Moreover, when changing other people's edits, try to limit it to specific issues you find and not things that are personal preference to you. Furthermore, when calling out errors in an article, don't assume that terminology used in titles is newly introduced by the current editor and call them out without doing your due diligence (example: the use of the term "League Flags" was present in the League article before my first editing pass (https://www.poewiki.net/index.php?title=League&oldid=1321018).
- Lastly, don't assume that everyone is a veteran editor. This is a volunteer position and there's a lot of new people figuring out how the wiki works and getting used to the manual of style. If you see mistakes, be nice and constructive, or you will continue to get backlash from others. While you've been hostile from the start, I've reached out to several other editors, all who have been friendly, helpful, and constructive with their feedback. This is what I see all throughout the discord channels as well -- don't be the odd one out. All edits and criticism are welcome, as long as they are constructive.
- It still the same. You used the existing wrong info and instead of correct it, extend the incorrect usage by calling Ruthless mode "flag". Also, the original wording was "SSF Hardcore has the hardcore and SSF flags", but you interpreted as "league flag" which is totally another thing. Neokowloon (talk) 20:47, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
Spaces before commas
Hi Neo. Please remember: In English there is never a space before a comma. :)
- Probably casually typed the content. But can you point out where i did that? Neokowloon (talk) 10:24, 17 March 2023 (UTC)
- Or sometimes I copy and paste the stuff that accidentally also copied the space. Neokowloon (talk) 10:27, 17 March 2023 (UTC)
- —Nighty (t|c) 10:47, 17 March 2023 (UTC)
would you please refrain from using the term "the dev"? there are 73 hits for this term on the wiki, and im pretty sure that you've written every one. 90% of the time even referring to the developers in the article's main body is unnecessary, and the last 10% "the dev" is an unprofessional & inappropriate term. "the developers", "GGG", etc. if you must. not to mention that the grammar is highly questionable, as "the dev" implies that there is one single developer. Bloonpauper (talk) 11:36, 24 July 2023 (UTC)
I had removed the item Victario's Flight since it no longer has a Recoup mod, which was removed in 3.19. There are legacy variants that have the mod, but that doesn't warrant it being included on the page as far as I know. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dreddie (talk • contribs) 12:33, 14 August 2023 (UTC)
- I already said again the item is still exist and not remove from the game. Unlike some legacy item that reworked and whole mechanic disappeared . It is notable enough to mention as probably the only item on boot slot have that mod. Neokowloon (talk) 12:47, 14 August 2023 (UTC)
- The current version of the boots does not have the mod. The only way to get one with it is to obtain the legacy version through trading in Standard. If legacy items are to be included, then for example Spirited Response should also be included (it is drop disabled, but still available in Standard trade). I remember reading in the Wiki guidelines that pages should mainly reflect the current state of Path of Exile - historical things should be in a separate section if really needed. Dreddie (talk) 13:17, 14 August 2023 (UTC)