Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Characters can switch weapon sets at any time in the fight. There is a 0.25 second cooldown before you can swap weapons again.
- Weapons that characters use the majority of the time are called primary weapons.
- Weapons that characters use the minority of the time are called secondary weapons.
- Gems placed in a secondary weapon that is not being used will still gain experience.
- Vaal skill gems will store your soul count when they are swapped out. They will not gain souls while they are in your other weapon swap slot.
- Switching to a secondary weapon set with % Item quality and/or %Item Rarity and culling strike when the enemy is at 10% or less life, will give more item drops and better odds for uniques and rares.
- The most common use for swapping weapons is to gain the benefits of snapshot on your secondary weapon.
- Portal - Using a PortalPortalSpell
Cast Time: 2.50 secRequires Level 10Creates a portal to the current area's town.
Additional Effects per 1% Quality:
3% increased Cast SpeedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. gem in your weapon swap, can save space for players who use portal. This weapon can be swapped to outside of combat, since portal is one of the only gems that benefits from being used when not fighting enemies.
- Reservation - Reserving mana or life on a gem that is socketed into a Weapon, Shield or quiver will result in those reserved skills being deactivated upon swapping weapons. Characters who actively use weapon swap during combat will need to place their reservation gems socketed elsewhere to stop them from being deactivated upon weapon swapping.