Vaal Rain of Arrows
Vaal Rain of ArrowsVaal, Attack, AoE, Projectile, Bow
Souls Per Use: 20
Can Store 2 Use(s)
Soul Gain Prevention: 5 sec
Attack Damage: (80-100)% of base
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (80-100)%Requires Level 12Fires multiple arrows into the air, to land in multiple sequences after a delay, each starting at the targeted location and spreading outwards in all directions. Each arrow deals damage in an area around it. Half of the arrows will land directly on targets if there are targets in their range.Per 1% Quality:1Superior0.5% increased Area of EffectFires (27-33) additional Arrows
Fires 4 additional sequences of arrows
150% increased Effect of Maim
Maim on Hit
Can't be Evaded
CorruptedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Area level: 12
Vaal Rain of Arrows can drop from the Vaal Vessels found in Vaal side areas.Vendor Offer
1x Scroll FragmentMetadata
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemVaalRainOfArrows
Vaal Rain of Arrows is a vaal bow attack that fires multiple sequential volleys of arrows into the air to hit enemies in the targeted area. Enemies hit by the skill are maimed for greatly reduced movement speed.
Skill Functions and Interactions
- Maim: Vaal Rain of Arrows applies Maim with 150% increased effect resulting in a 75% reduced movement speed modifier for affected monsters.
- Can't be Evaded: Ignores accuracy and secondary critical strike check. Will always hit unless Dodge, Blocking, or Avoidance (The Pantheon's Soul of Lunaris upgrade from Arachnoxia for example) takes effect.
- Fires 4 total sequences of arrows
- Each sequence deals 100% base damage, double the base of standard Rain of Arrows, meaning if all sequences hit, it deals the damage equivalent of 8 standard Rain of Arrows shots.
- Can be increased to 5 sequences of arrows with the helmet Enchantment "Rain of Arrows has 15% chance to fire an additional sequence of arrows".
- Sequences have a 1 second delay between them. There does not seem to be any way to affect this delay.
- Each sequence has an independent chance to critically strike.
Gem level progression
|# Arrows||Exp.||Total Exp.|
Vaal Rain of Arrows has restrictions on where or how it can drop. Vaal Rain of Arrows can drop from the Vaal Vessels found in Vaal side areas.
Vaal Rain of Arrows can be created from the following recipes:
|9||Volatile PowerVolatile Power9Vaal Gem|
CorruptedUnlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it.
|Random corrupted superior Vaal gem with 20% quality||A|
|1||The VoidThe Void1Reach into the Void and claim your prize.||Random divination card set exchange||A|
Alternate skill effects
Vaal Rain of Arrows has the following alternate skill effects:
|Celestial Rain of Arrows EffectCelestial Rain of Arrows EffectSkill Gem EffectYour Rain of Arrows becomes a Celestial Rain of Arrows||Your Rain of Arrows becomes a Celestial Rain of Arrows|
|Emerald Rain of Arrows EffectEmerald Rain of Arrows EffectSkill Gem EffectYour Rain of Arrows glow a ghostly green||Your Rain of Arrows glow a ghostly green|