Reckless Defence

From Path of Exile Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reckless Defence
Cobalt Jewel
+(2-6)% Chance to Block Spell Damage
+(2-6)% Chance to Block Attack Damage
Hits have (140-200)% increased Critical Strike Chance against you
CorruptedThere's no motivation for genius
quite like desperation.
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
Acquisition
Drop restricted
Corruption transformation
Vendor Offer
3x Alchemy Shard
Metadata
Item class: Jewel

Reckless Defence is a unique Cobalt JewelCobalt JewelPlace into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket..

Item acquisition

Reckless Defence has restrictions on where or how it can drop. It cannot be chanced.

Recipes

Reckless Defence can be created from the following recipes:

AmountPartNotesDescriptionMeta
1Cobalt JewelCobalt JewelPlace into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.Any rarityCorruption transformationM
1Vaal OrbVaal OrbStack Size: 20Corrupts an item, modifying it unpredictablyRight click this item then left click an item to corrupt it. Corrupted items cannot be modified again.N/A

Legacy variants

Reckless Defence has legacy variants.

Version discontinued Stats Compare each legacy variant to the current variant.
  • Stat line – Same as current variant
  • Stat line – Different from current variant

3.20.0
  • +(2-4)% Chance to Block Spell Damage
  • +(2-4)% Chance to Block Attack Damage
  • Hits have (140-200)% increased Critical Strike Chance against you
3.4.0
  • 6% Chance to Block Spell Damage
  • +(2-4)% Chance to Block Attack Damage
  • Hits have (140-200)% increased Critical Strike Chance against you

Not corrupted Reckless Defence are all legacy items and only be obtained from trading with other players in the permanent leagues. Also, corrupted Reckless Defence that have corruption implicit are also legacy.

The pre-3.4 version has a fixed spell block chance[1] that cannot be divined to nerf the item.[confirmation needed because of 3.25 change]

Related items

Version history

Version Changes
3.25.0
  • The Reckless Defence and Replica Reckless DefenceReplica Reckless Defence
    Cobalt Jewel
    +(2-6)% Chance to Block Spell Damage
    +(2-6)% Chance to Block Attack Damage
    +10% chance to be Frozen, Shocked and Ignited
    "Prototype #298 must be contained in a non-conductive glass box at all times."Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
    Unique Jewels now provide +2-6% chance to Block Attack Damage and to Block Spell Damage (both previously +2-4). Existing items can be updated with a Divine Orb, if they're not Corrupted.
3.20.0
  • The following Unique Jewels can only be obtained as Corruption outcomes:
    • Atziri's Reign, Brute Force Solution, Careful Planning, Chill of Corruption, Efficient Training, Energised Armour, Energy from Within, Fertile Mind, Fevered Mind, Fluid Motion, Fortress Covenant, Fragility, Healthy Mind, Hidden Potential, Inertia, Pacifism, Powerlessness, Quickening Covenant, Rain of Splinters, Reckless Defence, Seething Fury, Self-Flagellation, Soul's Wick, The Golden Rule and To Dust.
3.6.0
  • Removed the minimum and maximum Critical Strike Chance caps. Previously, characters had a 5% chance to deal a critical strike with attacks and spells, even when the spell specified a lower chance, and could reach a maximum of 95% chance to critically strike. In practice, that cap was ignored by effects which applied to enemies, such as Assassin's Mark. We have changed several of these 'external' critical strike sources, and have removed the cap as a result.
    • (7-10)% additional Chance to receive a Critical Strike changed to Hits have +(140-200)% additional Critical Strike Chance against you [Undocumented This change was not documented by any official sources. It was discovered through player testing or datamining.]
3.4.0
  • Reckless Defense: Existing versions now have +6% chance to Block Spell Damage. New versions have +2-4%.
2.2.0
  • Introduced to the game.

References

  1. 6% Chance to Block Spell DamageBlockingBlocksSpellsUnique__1
    Intrinsic
    6% Chance to Block Spell Damage