After completing the story and entering the epilogue, players will start progressing through Path of Exile's endgame.
Path of Exile has multiple options for endgame content.
Mapping is where most of the endgame content is located. It has the following progression:
- Complete maps to unlock more of the Atlas and additional Atlas Passive Skill Tree customization options.
- Progress the quests to defeat The Searing Exarch and The Eater of Worlds to unlock their Voidstones.
- Progress the quests and defeat The Shaper and The Elder, then both in the Uber Elder encounter to unlock his Voidstone.
- Have the Maven witness the other bosses of the Atlas to collect Crescent Splinters to form The Maven's Writ and defeat The Maven to her Voidstone.
- Defeat the Conquerors of the Atlas, culminating in Sirus, Awakener of Worlds for valuable rewards and a Favorite Map slot.
- Defeat Venarius in the Cortex Unique Map for valuable rewards and a Favorite Map slot.
- Complete the Maven's special Invitations by having her witness various endgame bosses to unlock the last remaining Atlas Passive Points.
- Defeat powerful endgame bosses while witnessed by the Maven and complete Maven's Invitation: The Feared.
- Activate the appropriate Atlas keystone to challenge the "Uber" versions of previous bosses for valuable rewards.
Delve is an alternative endgame where players progress through the Azurite Mine to unlock more and more powerful and rewarding challenges and they dive endlessly lower into the mines.
Heist is another alternative endgame where players go on more and more dangerous missions to steal valuable loot to fund a Grand Heist to obtain valuable rewards.
Some challenge league will introduce content which augments current endgames and some will implement a league-specific end game. See the league pages for more information.